Thursday, November 20, 2014

Happy Halloween 2014!

 Christian was an awesome minion from Despicable Me :)

Here he is with the other minions from his ortho residency!
 Our friends little girls were so adorable!  A cheerleader and a bumble-bee!
In case you're wondering, Austin lost his front tooth while sword fighting with pool noodles on the bed.  He lunged forward and ate it on the foot of the bed.  After cleaning it up, he said, "I wanted Daddy to take out my tooth, not the bed!"  The tooth fairy came and left a $2 bill under his pillow (it's what she had on hand thanks to Great Grandma and Grandpa Tengelsen!).  He, however, was not interested in the money.  He just wanted his tooth back!  He told his teacher that his parents put the money under his pillow--how he figured that out is news to me!  So much for being sneaky!

Here are our yummy mummies!  We started running out of wrappings by the end!  The boys had a blast making these! (These make me laugh because the first two times we ever had them, we had our friends the Luffs over--I think I burned them both times! Thanks for eating with us anyway!)

And we had a blast sharing them with friends!  Notice the flowers and pumpkins in the background?  We got them for free at the farmer's market!  The nice farmer just started loading up my car with them!  When I told him I didn't pay for them he said, "I know.  I'm just done!"  After that he took off!  It was awesome!

Here's our pirate friends! (We shared Christmas with them last year!)

 
Our Superhero friends (We shared Thanksgiving with them last year!  She brought the fun plates and napkins!  The kids loved them!  Sometimes I think it's the details that make such a difference to a kid!)
A UK Wildcat--he is so cute! And sadly we missed pictures of some of our other dear friends who came!  We love them all!
 Here we are just before sending the boys out to get some candy!
 Neal aka batman had to stay home with me and hand out candy! (One of my other dear friends and her baby stayed to man the fort as well!  It was so fun!)
 It was surprisingly cold, but gorgeous outside!  The city has a two hour time limit for trick-or-treating so they had to run!
Thank you to Crystal (my friend from San Antonio) who was the first to introduce us to yummy mummies!  What a fun tradition!

 Here they go!  The first half hour of trick or treating has got to be one of my favorite times!  The kids are just so stinkin' cute and excited!
 It got so cold, one boy came and knocked on the door with his head, since his hands couldn't do it anymore!
As usual, these boys were pretty thrilled!  Happy Halloween!

 

1 comment:

Harry and Suzanne said...

Wish we were there to share in the fun--the little ones looked sooooo cute. Happy to hear you guys have so many nice friends. Love you all! Grandpa and Grandma Tengelsen