Sunday, November 16, 2014

New York 2014

So after another night at the Hubers, we made our way through New York City.  This was also a happening place!  We took the ferry (free) to Manhattan and I loved it!  This nice newly engaged couple took our picture holding our big apples :)  Christian was about to die with the corniness but he went along with it anyway :)
The city!
Our big apples!
Here we are in New York!  These are my handsome boys!
The first official park in New York--It was established in 1733 and just a tiny little green spot with benches (filled with people enjoying their lunch!) I'm so glad it was there!  We saw the Bull, and everyone was so nice to give us directions without us even asking.  People were SO nice to us!
Broadway :)

A pretty sweet church
Wall Street!  As an Econ major, I had to get a picture!
The Twin towers memorial was breathtaking and so moving.  I was in tenth grade when the towers were hit and I remember seeing it over and over all day long and feeling quite scared.  My future was unknown and I was afraid of war.  To come here and watch the people rebuilding the towers was incredible.  I couldn't help but think, "Go America!  We are not afraid.  We will keep building and moving forward with our lives.  You can't keep us down."  The memorial was a massive fountain with all of the names surrounding it.  And there were plenty of police making sure there would not be more names added by people climbing up on the edge!
We had to get our souvenirs!  $5 for a hat they needed anyway is not too bad!
Tyson REALLY wanted to ride the subway...so we did :)
The statue of liberty--given to us by the French and what an amazing symbol it is.  I love that it holds light up to the world!

I love New York!

No comments: