Thursday, November 20, 2014

Grandpa Felsch

While we were driving from New York City to Boston, my mom called to let me know that my grandpa had died.  He was a wonderful man who I loved very much.  I flew with Neal to go to the funeral and Christian drove the boys back home on his own--successfully and even stopped to see Ben and Laura and help on their driveway, and go to the zoo.  He said they were wonderful!
My grandmother, Pauline is one of the most wonderful women I have ever known.  I look up to her so much and more and more frequently do I realize how wise and good she is.
I love this lady!
My sister Laura met me at the airport and I just love her!
We stayed at my good friend Leslie's house (Nancy's older sister!) and we went out to a sweet Thai restaurant!
Leslie is the most generous person I know and her kids were so sweet to help feed Neal and give up their rooms.  I hope to grow up someday to be more like Leslie!
Here are some of my cousins I have not seen in years!
Susan and Michelle! I miss living close to Susan!
My Niece took this picture of Neal!
Jake sang--"When I'm 65" as a tribute to Grandpa and at the funeral we did a beautiful rendition of "Oh My Father" with Tenille and Laura on the viola, Jake on voice, Susan and I on the violin and my Aunt Karen on piano.  It was SO neat to play with my family.  Thank you Grandma for asking me to play!
It was a beautiful funeral and I was so sad to think that the man that I loved and had so many memories with had moved on.  It was a poignant reminder to me to cherish the days and small moments with the people I love.
Four generations
After the funeral, Katie invited us to her house to go swimming.  The only good part about funerals is to see family.
Second cousins!
Hanging at the house with cousins, aunts and uncles.  I just love my family!
I love you Grandma!
Cousin friends!

No comments: