Sunday, November 16, 2014

Tyson's 6th Birthday and the First Day of School!

 I can hardly believe that Tyson is six years old!  This year his birthday landed on the first day of first grade!  He chose Lucky Charms for his birthday breakfast!
 He's growing up so fast!  He loved this sign I made for him (my mom always made these for us).  He just kept staring at it and smiling.  Sometimes I think it's the simplest things that make their day!
 He's ready to listen!  I got to sit with him at lunch on his first day and bring in lucky charm (rice krispy) treats.  His teacher is AMAZING.  I just love how sweet she is!  Tyson went to read in her class all during kindergarten so I was really excited for him to have her.  She said that this year he is far and away the best reader.
 Tyson chose to have a tye-dye cake this year and it actually turned out!  Here's the batter...
 Since we had just come home from Utah, we decided to have a Chuck-E-Cheese birthday with two of his friends.  He LOVED it!
 He had a blast with all of the games!
 Christian and me!
 Tyson played this game over and over until he finally was able to score well.  I was so proud of him!
 Here they are with their pizza!!
 I couldn't believe all the kids were looking and smiling at the same time!!
 We came home to have cake and ice cream!
 The finish!  I thought it was pretty cool!
 We are so lucky to have grandparents and great-grandparents send presents in the mail.  Tyson loved every one of them!
 My grandparents are so sweet to send cards every year to me that I can remember and they have continued this sweet tradition with my boys.  Thank you!!
 I love this little boy and he is so wanting to please and grow and it is so fun to watch him.  Happy birthday Tyson!!  We love you!
 One of my favorite things is how well he loves his brothers--especially the little ones!
 That weekend we had a garage sale and Austin hosted a lemonade stand!  He was so cute!  Tyson was too sick to help (he woke up and said he was so sick he needed to watch a movie.  Afterwards, he realized this meant he couldn't play...which was not in his plans!  I thought he was making it up so of course two days later it hit me!  That's what I get for judging!
 The garage sale part was fun but afterwards we tried to shut the garage door and it completely broke!  Then, when we were trying to move our table inside, we discovered these nasty bugs!  Christian sawed them out of our table and I got to refinish it with my wonderful friend Renee!  Overall, we definitely spent more than we earned :)
At least there are beautiful bugs in Kentucky, too!  I actually love it here!!

1 comment:

Tiana Smith said...

I'm trying to remember when the last time we saw you was ... or if we've even met ANY of your kiddos. It's been forever!!! The next time you're in UT for a bit, we need to hang out!