Thursday, January 1, 2015

Thanksgiving 2014

This Semester, Christian has come home after the kids are in bed 3/4 Mondays each month.  Luckily, we found out that Firehouse subs has 99 cent kids meals on Monday nights!

It is way better to have Christian with us, but it's still fun to go out on our own!
One of the most magical parts about Kentucky is their Fall.  Playing in the leaves with my boys is one of the very best things we've ever done!

Tyson made his very first Pumpkin pie all by himself!  He was so proud to share it at the Clifton's annual pie night!  What a fun tradition!
 

This year, we were so blessed to have my Mom and Andre, Dan, Katie and Benson, and Ben, Laura and Nash to come and visit us for Thanksgiving!  Hosting has got to be one of my very favorite things in the world--mostly because that means I get to see all the people I love in the comfort of my own home!  Thank you so much for coming to stay with us!!  Aside from that, it was very healthy for me to think about how to make everyone comfortable instead of where we're going to live in a few months, putting our house on the market, and finding a job!
Nearly 8 years of marital bliss :)
We were able to fit the two tables together so we could all sit together!  Thanks to Andre for making them the right height!
We played a lot of fun games once the kids went to bed!  Probe is an all time favorite!
We cooked and cooked and it was fun to do it together!
The boys helped Grandma make this awesome fruit turkey!  Thanks Mom!
Katie and Laura working on the stuffing!  It was seriously delicious!
The boys with their turkey legs!
Happy Thanksgiving!  I am so thankful for my family, our health, and the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
My mom brought along some fun games :)
and moustaches :)
Laura who was booked with schoolwork and studying helped make the ugly sweater cookies!
Tyson adores his grandma!
Frosting the cookies was fun!  Thanks to Alisha and Stan for introducing us to such a fun tradition! (They do it at Christmas, but it's fun anytime!)
Benson and Andre
Christian's cookie
Tyson's cookie
Dan can make the funniest faces!
Mom and Neal
My Cookie
I love this picture!  Nash was trying to eat the cookie mid-picture!
We went to the park to play!  Neal was so funny! (Earlier, our sweet neighbors, the Lees brought us over some of their traditional clam dip.  It was so nice!  I love new traditions!)
My mom brought along a chipmunk version of "Merrioke" (karaoke to Christmas songs!) The boys LOVED it!
Christian wearing Tyson's hat!
It was cold!
Neal and his Daddy!
Benson
Nash--we later got to go to Southern Lights and visit Santa, pet Camels, ride a train and see the coolest model trains ever.  It was so much fun!
Thank you for the fast and fun visit!
We love to be together!
We have so much to be thankful for!
Here is Tyson's racing silk he made at school!
He described it as cool, striped, and awesome.  It is!
He said he would like to be a UK doctor fixing teeth.  I love him so much!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Your Thanksgiving looks like it was awesome!! Having family come is the best! Did you do the turkey yourself? The first time I did a turkey I left one of the bags inside it, I got out the neck and giblets, but left the gravy bag I think. Fun times! I love the ugly sweater cookie idea!