Thursday, August 14, 2014

Birthday, baby and the first few weeks!

I realize that it has been nearly a year since I updated the blog!  Here are some sweet moments from the first few weeks of Neal's life! 

Tyson has always loved being a big brother!

I am never more grateful for my mom than after I have a baby.  She is so helpful and sweet!
And--she loves babies!
Look at his wrinkly skin!
Neal has an awesome temperament.  Austin rocked this chair so hard it rocked completely over.  Neal stayed asleep the whole time!

Can you see the resemblance?
Three days after Neal was born was my birthday.  My mom made it special with decorations,
gifts,
and the most awesome cake of all time!  I was trying to stay away from sweets, so to me this meant the world!  Thank you for listening, Mom!

Every morning my mom would take Tyson to school and Austin on a walk, so I could have some time with the baby.  She is so beautiful!

And they are so cute :)
Neal's first bath--I always let my mom do it!  I remember with Tyson, she said she couldn't remember how, (which I thought was funny since she had seven kids!  Little did I know you only do this for such a short period of time!) but she's a pro!


Look at those cheeks!  He fell asleep--just like Tyson (unlike Austin who HATED water!)
Cleaned up and ready to go!



Thank goodness my mom takes pictures!
Austin did so well with the adjustment.  I am so proud of him!


My mom got us a new sign for the wall!
And my dad sent me the most beautiful bouquet of flowers in a paint can!  Thank you Dad!  They were perfect!
He's so little!
Austin found this caterpillar in our garden!  I love his face!
Tyson was chosen to take home the class pet, "Spot."  I actually called the teacher and told her there was no way we could take care of a pet the first week Neal was home from the hospital.  It was then that I found out it was a stuffed animal :)


After my mom left, we took advantage of free museum day in Kentucky and drove up to the slugger museum.  It was awesome!
Christian and the three boys!
We got free bats (which is cool until you give it to two boys who are 2 and 5 and then you're just asking for it!)

We also went to Keeneland and watched some races!  It was so fun!  There were people with parasols, hats, and cigars (which Tyson saw and said, "Mom, that guy had a tube of toilet paper in his mouth!"_

Neal was riveted :)
The parasols
And--to the right of Christian...the coolest pants ever!  Go UK!
Our family :)
When Neal was a month old, we took him to his first UK football game.  Everyone thought we were hardcore fans!  We went with our amazing friends the Lees who took their three month old.  It was so fun (and beautiful!)


Welcome to the world, Neal!  It's a fun place to live :)

No comments: