Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Discovering Shadows

Last night, Tyson and I went out for a walk and Tyson noticed his shadow for the first time! At first he would try to step on my shadow and would bust up laughing every time he did! It was so cute! He would get excited when we walked under a street light and he was pretty much standing on top of his shadow and then he walked backwards the rest of the way so he could make sure his shadow was coming along, too. Who knew shadows were so much fun?!! He was giggling the whole time and it was too cute not to drag Christian outside (even though he was studying for a test) and join us. I love these guys!!
Oh, and Christian knocked out two of his teeth playing basketball on Thursday night. We're still waiting to see if they're vital or not...cross your fingers for us! His uncle lost an eye playing ball so we're actually feeling quite blessed! Anyway, there's our craziness in a nutshell!

4 comments:

Tiana Smith said...

Christian lost some teeth and his uncle lost an eye? Remind me to never play basketball with the Francis family :) I can't believe how big Tyson looks. It's mind boggling!

Seriously, I can remember back to the day when you and Christian were in high school. I feel old. And I'm not that old. So it's weird. There's so much that can change in so little time. Gah! (And 'gah' is so something my mother would say, which only makes me feel even older. Sigh.)

We miss you guys and hope you're doing well!

cambersue said...

What good look'n boys!!!
Happy Birthday late, hope you had a great day!
p.s. good luck with Christian's teeth:) hope they stay.

Debra and JD said...

Hey Shannon...just last night JD put stitches in a CHURCH BASKETBALL guy's head, need I say on out kitchen counter!! Last week a broken rib! I feel your pain...BB is rough! good luck on the teeth Christian.

Dallin said...

After seeing so many great comments from the Francis family on our blog, I finally found my way over here. Sounds like lots of excitement. Has Tyson watched Peter Pan yet? I'm sure any shadow chaser would enjoy that. Hope the teeth were decided vital and hope the other guy (or surface) didn't end up too much worse for wear.