Thursday, July 5, 2012

Utah 2012


Disclaimer: This post is somewhat disjointed--but I wanted to remember and thank everyone for everything!  Thank you all so much for your friendship and love!
 After we sold our house, we spent one last night with the Blairs.  We thought it would be a game night but we ended up scrubbing the carpets by hand since the carpet cleaners weren't able to make it.  Thank you Nichole for your awesome scrubbing tips and for helping us through that stressful time.  We never could've made it without your friendship over the years!  Thank you! Thank you!  Thank you! Then, we flew to Utah where we were able to stay with my grandparents for the next few days.  Thank you so much!
 We had a wonderful time!  My Grandma went to a lot of work to get the cousins together and put on a beautiful luncheon.  It was so fun!  I told Tyson his cousins were coming over and he said, "No, your cousins are coming over!"  He was right :)
 Grandpa wowed Tyson with paper airplanes and even kicked the ball around for him!
 Here's my Grandpa, who will be 91 in August!  My Grandparents are both amazing!

 During our stay, we were able to see so many people we love and even missed some (sorry Tiana!  I really wanted to see you!)  We went out to see Aunt Cindy and play at the park.  She made cookies since it was Christian's birthday.  She is so thoughtful!
 I love the dirt on this kid's face!
 Thank you Aunt Cindy!  You always make us smile with your cards and love!  You're so wonderful!
 Since we were there for my brother's wedding, we got together for some mini golf.  It was so great to do something all together as a family again!
Of course it was great seeing my little sister again. She even helped me change my flat tire since I didn't know how to do it myself. She's amazing!

 Christian's grandparents housed us for the rest of our stay in Utah.  They were so nice to get us a cake for Christian's birthday--especially since they haven't eaten sugar in months!  We wish we could've spent more time with them but just getting to see them each morning and evening was wonderful.  Thank you so much for always making us feel welcome and loved!  We love you!
We also had a baby shower for Laura and Katie--who are both expecting boys soon. I guess the boys made a fort and had a blast! I was on the bed sleeping and puking after my marathon.  Thanks for watching my kids!! My oldest sister, Laura put it on having just had a baby of her own a month prior and her babies had the stomach flu on the way down from Montana. I don't know how she does it but I'm grateful she does! Thanks Laura!
 One day we were able to catch up with my high school best friend Lana and her amazing sister Leslie.  They are so sweet and I hope to be able to be more like them every time I see them!
 One day I was able to go back to BYU campus and visit with my freshman friends Alyssa Roth and Kathryn Pendleton!  It was so much fun!  Alyssa is still her fun loving awesome self and Kathryn is as wonderful as I remember.  Everyone knows her as my perfect roommate.  She helped me so much that first year!  I love both of these girls so much!  TUKI TUKI!!
 Kathryn came with me to the park afterwards so we could let our kids play.  She is awesome!
 Here we are--freshman roommates and now we have kids!!  Life is crazy like that!  I'm so glad we shared those few months together in Taylor hall.  I will always be a better person because of her goodness.  Thank you Kathryn!
 We were so lucky to be treated to dinner by Laurie!  We love her so much and it was so good catching up and getting to see her!  Thank you Laurie!  You are amazing!
Lastly, on our way to Montana, we were able to stop in Kayesville and see Christian's Grandma Sumsion.  She has been sick and when we were leaving she said, "Am I going to see you again in this life, because I sure won't be seeing you in the next!"  I tried to brush it off, but it was sad.  She is such an incredible woman and I loved her from the first conversation I had with her.  She has a way to make you feel loved no matter what.  Thank you Grandma!

 Here's our family outside the temple after the wedding!  Austin wasn't too happy about missing his nap!
 Grandma Kaye came up and was so nice to bring the boys little toy cars to keep them entertained.  Thank you Grandma!


 I love my mom's parents!
 Jake and Sadie are the cutest couple!  They really are perfect for each other!  I have never seen two people more excited to see each other and Sadie is such a serene girl.  Way to go Jake!


 My sister, Alisha came up from Australia to see my brother's wedding.  It was sooo good to see her!  We went shopping together for an entire day and seeing as neither of us like shopping, but still both had a great time, that's saying something!  She is my inspiration for just being 100% honest.  I've been trying to say exactly what I think since talking with her and it's very empowering.  I like finally feeling like I can say what I think without worrying if it will offend someone.  Thanks Eish!  You're awesome!



I was also able to see my College roommate Jamie for lunch and I can't believe I forgot my camera!  Overall, it was a wonderful trip!  Thank you to everyone who made time to see us during our stay!  We love you all!

No comments: