Monday, October 10, 2011

Long awaited update!

Tyson and I have been having a lot of talks recently about eating healthy food. For example, the reason why we can't have thirty gumballs in a day is because it is not healthy :) Two things happened this past week that made me realize he's getting it. One was funny and one was sad. (Here he is with his very healthy rainbow waffles we had General Conference weekend!  We played a game where he got a treat every time he heard a key word from conference.  The next Sunday at church he kept yelling out, "He said family!" "She said Gospel!" all through sacrament meeting in hopes he'd get some candy.  It was too funny!)  If you'd like to hear what a living prophet has to say about the concerns in our day, you can watch general conference for yourself at http://www.lds.org/.  It was a wonderful experience for our family to get to listen to these words together.  My favorite talk was from the woman's conference by Elder Uchtdorff.  I know they speak the truth.
Scenerio 1: We're out on a walk (it's finally nice enough to walk outside!!!) and Tyson spotted some super tall, straight trees. He said, "Look Mommy! Those trees are really really big!" I said, "Yeah, they are! They are tall and skinny like your daddy." To which he responded, "No, Daddy's not big and skinny, Daddy's big and strong!!" Yes, his daddy is very big and strong!

Scenerio 2: We were eating lunch and Tyson said, "When I grow big and strong I can eat peanuts because big kids eat peanuts." It made me want to cry! I told him that his aunt Heidi still couldn't eat peanuts (what would we do without you Heidi?) He said, "Is Heidi big and strong?" Yes-but not as big as she is strong! "And she still gets sick?" Only when she eats peanuts. (or is pregnant--I didn't go into that though!)

He also prays that He and Austin will grow big. He's so funny.

Austin is an animal...he eats EVERYthing! From, books, to footballs, to his crib he'll eat it all! If he doesn't like something, he'll spit it out right at you. It's pretty awesome! He also is quite different than Tyson was at this age.  He loves to make messes and pulls the movies out and the books off the shelf several times a day.  He yells until he gets what he wants and whereas Tyson used only his pointer finger and thumb to pick up the food he wanted, Austin grabs it with his fist and rubs it across his face until he reaches his mouth.  Everything is by the fistful!  Then he'll suck his thumb and rub his hair so his entire head is covered in food.  He is still adorable!!  I know it doesn't sound like it, but he really is!  He has a contagious belly laugh and is always laughing at Tyson. I love that they're such good brothers. We're working on Tyson sharing and Austin not screaming to get what he wants, so hopefully it will get better with time!
Also, Tyson had hand foot mouth this last week and it was awful! Poor Tyson would take a bite of something and say, "mmm! I like strawberries!" and then fall on the floor screaming because his sores hurt. He is finally recovered and Austin never got sick-which was a miracle!

Finally, Christian got some interviews for orthodontics! If you could keep us in your prayers these next few weeks we would really appreciate it. We love you all!

3 comments:

texansusan said...

Oh, sad about the peanuts! Cameron had Hand foot and mouth when he was little... glad Tyson's over it. That Tyson sure is funny. It was good seeing you last week!

Heidi said...

You need to try Nutella. I didn't try it until I was 30 (so, a few months ago!) but now that I have, I LOVE IT!!! It has less fat than peanut butter, but more sugar. However you don't put it with jam or jelly, so I figure it evens out. Tyson isn't allergic to tree nuts, right?

Austin is SO adorable!! I love that little face of his! It's sad that I don't get to see your kids as much as I'd like, fortunately Christmas is right around the corner! I can't wait!!

Tiana Smith said...

Good luck Christian! We'll be praying for you guys - I can't believe how time flies! It's been so long since we've seen you!