Monday, January 31, 2011

January

January has been an awesome month! We were able to keep all of our couple New Year's Resolutions and I have kept none of mine :) Anyway, one of our resolutions was to go on a date once a month. Saturday was the day!

We pulled up to smashburgers and it was awesome! First off, the cashier let me order a kid's meal, so we only ended up paying a dollar for both of our meals after the Groupon! Secondly, while at the register, we debated getting a shake, but decided against it. Then, partway through our meal, the waitress brought us out a free butterfinger shake just because she wanted us to try it! It was so nice!! I really could not get over how nice that was! So I had to write it down. She made my whole week awesome with just that one cool and random act of kindness. Thank you waitress lady!!

Tyson's sayings:
My fingers are all ketchupdity!
I want to get that Daddy!!
I not tired! I happy!
Christian: Tyson, you're number one!! Tyson: No Daddy, I two!! Then he ran around with his scissor hands clipping at us :)

Tyson is still such an awesome brother! He is always giving his best toys to Austin when he cries. He also likes watching basketball with his daddy. It is our new bribe for getting ready for bed happily! We'll see how long this tactic works! He is getting to be pretty headstrong these days! In fact Christian was saying we should do a mini olympics and have one of the races being putting a screaming three year old in a car seat. It takes muscle, skill, and speed and it only gets harder as he gets bigger! If anyone has any parenting advice on getting your kid to eat or do anything without bribery, feel free to leave a comment!! (Oh, and also potty training help...he won't wear his underwear because he is afraid he will pee in them, so even if he just went in the toilet he won't put them on...)We could use any advice we can get!

Austin's sayings:
Waaaaah! :) He actually is the best baby! He is sleeping so well and instead of crying in the morning, he just breathes fast and I can hear him outside of our room! He is eating so well and is starting to smile...randomly, but they are smiles nonetheless! I love him so much!

We have been blessed so much and I am so grateful. What a beautiful life we have been given to share!!

2 comments:

Heather O'Brien said...

You guys are such a cute family! Tyson is adorable. Peyton has been saying, "I not tired. I happy!" too ALL the time. How funny. He's a cutie. I wish Peyton was afraid of peeing her pants :). She just says, "oh cwap! My panties are all wet! You happy mommy?" It doesn't phase her whatsoever. Good luck! We have an Elmo potty movie you're welcome to use. They sing the "accidents happen" song non stop :).

The Elledges said...

sounds like a great date! you should get an extra special toy just for car rides. our boys will eat things better if they get to dip it in something...ketchup, honey, pb, jam, ranch, marshmellow cream if you're desperate :) we have to get together. if we ever get the house painted and moved into i'm coming to visit!