Monday, August 9, 2010

Bugs!!

So about a year ago I posted about how I disliked the bugs in Texas. I still do and now with even more reason! This week has been crazy!! First off, I was stung three times in our yard by scorpions and found one "Huge" one in our bathroom that I killed with wasp spray (it was only about an inch long including the tail but it still freaked me out!) Gratefully their sting hurts only a little worse than a fire ant bite and completely goes away after about 20 minutes (unlike fire ants which can have their bites itching for days!)

Next, we found five wasp nests around our house which Christian thankfully killed. He also cleaned out our spice cupboard which had a sugar ant infestation the next day. Finally, he came to the rescue when I found THIS!! I sure married an amazing man!



We found THIS on Saturday while cleaning out the garage and now I have trouble sleeping at night! We think it's a wolf spider...freaky! We tried to catch it so we could show the Blairs but that ended up badly! Finally Christian used his genetics book to smash the spider after it had crawled under a bag of mulch. "At least old college textbooks are good for something!" (~Christian)

Did I mention my husband's amazing? Who knows how long I would have shut myself up at a neighbor's house had he not been home that day!

8 comments:

Jeff and Nichole said...

That is one BIG spider!!! Sorry about all the bugs.

Heidi said...

THAT is a seriously freaky spider!! And I can't believe you get stung by scorpions! On a regular basis!! It's like your own private Fear Factor.....with no prizes. =0) Good job being brave, maybe your unborn baby will have supernatural scorpion abilities now. I'll start working on his super-suit.

Charly said...

Ok that spider was HUUUUGE!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeew!

Sarah said...

Sick!!! Props to you, I think I would have to leave the state after that.

The Elledges said...

holy smokes that spider is freaky!!!

Claire Bertin said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHH! That was one big spider! Scary...

Anonymous said...

ewwwww. ewwwww.

I can't believe you got a picture of it.

The Fillmore Floggers said...

That's disgusting and I wish I had not seen it!! Now I have to go to sleep, thanks a lot =)