Saturday, July 31, 2010

Garner State Park


On Thursday, Christian worked extra on lab work and promised me I could have his whole Saturday to do whatever I wanted! I was so excited! We invited our friends the Garlicks to come with us and we headed down to Garner State Park! It was closed because it was so full so instead we rented tubes and floated the Frio river. It was so beautiful! I forgot my camera, but these were the kodak moments :)

Christian on his belly on one of those flimsy black inner tubes using his arms frantically like oars to try and move closer to us!

Christian poking his head through the under side of the inner tube and making faces at Tyson (which of course made him laugh...I loved it!)

Kallie floating down the river with three babies laying on her! It was pretty amazing!

The beautiful scenery!! There were amazing trees and beautiful water and it was so close to the hill country that the hills looked like mountains! It was very cool!

Tyson peeing all over the ground waiting for the bus to come and pick us up!

Tyson riding a school bus for the first time in his life (hopefully the last time with that many drunks around him!)

Eating dinner at Neal's Diner with Tyson and Joshua eating about twenty packets of crackers each!! The waiter even brought out extra crackers because he could tell they were enjoying them so much!

Overall it was an amazing day away from San Antonio and I wish we had brought our camera! Those are the pics I would have taken, though! It was so much fun!!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Super cute idea describing the pictures you would have taken!! Your Saturday sounds like it was awesome!!! And I'll cross my fingers for you that when Tyson starts school only a minority of the other kindergarteners will be alcoholics......here's hoping!

Adespain said...

I also love that you described the kodak moments! You did a great job describing them so I could picture them as if there really was a picture!