Monday, July 12, 2010

Happy Fourth of July!

So this year for the Fourth of July we really got to celebrate! Christian had taken his major board exam the Wednesday before and so for the first time in a while we really could relax! Christian knows the Fourth of July is my all time favorite holiday and so he made things extra special for me! He is the best husband ever!

Saturday we woke up early and went to a fantastic ward pancake breakfast! After that we went and watched the best parade ever! They not only threw candy, but necklaces (I forced Christian to get one for me!), frisbees, pencils, flags, and bouncy balls. What more could you want? Tyson loved it but really I think it was Christian's cup of tea! He was so fun to watch darting out into the street to get the best candies! When the parade was over a police man brought around a huge bag of candy that you could pick out from! That was the coolest police man ever :)

After we got back from the parade we got everything set and headed out to Canyon Lake with some of our favorite friends ever! It was so much fun to relax and play and barbecue and swim...I think I could spend all day every day at some body of water and just love it! Here are some pictures I stole from the Blair's blog! My husband's the man!!!

On Sunday for Primary (I teach the little kids singing time during church) we sang the Star Spangled Banner. I just about started crying when I was telling them the story of how it was written and why we have fireworks and everything. I am so grateful to be part of this country and share in that heritage!

Happy Independence Day everyone!

1 comment:

Jacob and Kalli Hiller said...

Texas has some of the best lakes around. I'm jealous--nothing like a holiday on a Texan lake. Happy Independence Day!