Monday, December 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Austin!

Austin is the happiest, goofiest, cuddliest boy on the face of the planet! He makes me feel loved and laugh every single day. I love being his mommy and I can't imagine loving him more than I do now--but I know I will.
Austin turned 2 the other day and I could hardly believe it! He is starting to pee in the big boy potty (we'll see if it amounts to anything) and just learned how to climb out (and in) his crib! I stood outside his room the other day and when he ran out, I looked at him and as sternly as I could, I told him to get back in bed. He just took one look at me and ran to give me the biggest hug! I can't stay mad at him! He's just too cute!! He still talks very garbled but he is definitely a talker! He loves to run and share toys with girls. However, he gets very angry when a toy doesn't seem to be working as it should. Tyson could play for hours by himself and Austin can last about 30 seconds. He loves to play with people!
We had two other couples over and Austin came waltzing in wearing Alicia's boots! He was so proud of himself!
Here's his eggless cake! We were out of eggs and had to improvise! Although you may not be able to tell what it is, I think it's an upgrade from last year's Cookie Monster Cake :) (In case you can't tell--it's a truck. Austin LOVES trucks! Before he could say truck whenever one would pass by he would shout, "Oh Oh BUNNY!!" It would crack Tyson up every time :) Now everything is a truck--he loves them!)
So I had just told the speech therapist (who came to check Austin's speech--turns out he's fine) that Austin didn't put things in his mouth anymore. On second thought...
Here are all of his friends on his birthday! It was so fun to have them come!
Blowing out the candles (for a picture)I still can't believe he's two!! Happy birthday Austin! Thanks for brightening up our lives!
The next day we decorated our Christmas tree that we found at a garage sale moments after we decided we weren't going to buy a tree this year since they were so expensive. We felt so lucky to find such a great deal!!
Merry Christmas everyone!!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

That's a darling cake! And I can't believe you did it without eggs, great job!! Austin sure is a cutie. When we were looking at the pictures you sent, every time I would scroll down to one without Austin, Clara would demand "Where's Austin-baby?!!" and we'd have to go back to one with him in it. (of the thanksgiving pictures)

Brett and Shendi said...

they look alot like christian. cute cute kiddos. love you guys.