Monday, November 12, 2012

Happy Halloween!!

I have never liked Halloween before, but this year it was one of my favorite memories of all time.  We left our house right at 6:30 since Christian had to go to interview some of the incoming residents.  The sky was a bright pink and orange--it was incredible!  My boys were so cute and excited and all around us were tiny tots running around dressed up as princesses and superheros.  By the time it was 7:00 it was starting to get dark, it started to sprinkle, and the older folks started to come out (that's the part I don't like).  But that first half hour was just precious!  I loved every minute of it!

Anyway, here are pictures from all of October.
 Tyson got to dress up as a Pirate for preschool--he was Captain Blackbeard :)  I have since had to hide the dagger even though he knows they are only to be used for cutting fruit and branches.  It was causing too much of a problem!
 Our neighbor invited us to their trunk or treat.  We were 30 minutes late and missed the whole thing!  I still thought they were pretty cute!
 We carved pumpkins with our friends the Parkinsons.  Tyson is drawing out exactly how he wants the face to look.  He mostly wanted it to be identical to our neighbor's pumpkins but I couldn't perform--oh well!
 Christian and I with our pumpkins!
Every year I try to cook our pumpkin seeds and every year they go rancid.
 Grandma Sandra saved the day by sending us Superman costumes for the kids.  Tyson LOVED his costume.  My dad sent us a Superhero collections book and Tyson sleeps with it.  He knows all of the stories by heart (it is 100 pages long) and begs me to read it everyday.  Now he just reads it on his own!

 Here's our super low key trunk or treat.  It was nice since they had a red wagon full of doughnuts and cider going trunk or treating as well so even the people handing out candy got treats!

 Tyson dressed up for his Halloween party at school.  He was so excited!
 We had yummy mummies for dinner Halloween night.  Thank you Crystal for the tradition and sorry Luffs for not burning them the one year we weren't together :)  These ones are Superman Mummies!

 My boys ready to go trick or treating!
 Aren't they adorable?!!
 Here we are home from getting treats!
 I love Tyson's face here!
 After we came home, we played a mad game of Sorry and ate candy before going to bed.  It was a wonderful day!
We scored a sweet puzzle from the Goodwill.  It is 100 pieces and Tyson does it all on his own.  Here Christian and Tyson are measuring how big it is :)  Tyson thinks this is a funny picture since Christian's head's cut off!
We've been going to the duck pond to feed the ducks with our new friend and neighbor Alicia.  It has been so much fun!
My favorite part are the Canadian Geese that are migrating.  They are elegant and beautiful.  We are so lucky to live less than a mile from this beautiful place!

1 comment:

The Elledges said...

Hello! your pond pics remind me of cleveland! there was an awesome lake really close to our house when we lived there. love the muscles in tysons costume :)