Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Jake, Tenille and my dad!



The Montana/Utah folks brought snow with them!! School was canceled for two days! It was awesome!In case you didn't know, my dad is pretty wonderful. He is not a member of the church I go to, but he knew it was important for me to have my baby blessed. He made it possible for my younger brother and sister to come and be here on that special day and even made an effort to go to church with us. The level of support he has been over this past year is 100%. Thank you Dad! I love you!

Jake had just returned from serving a two year full time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Philippines. He spoke Tagalog fluently and when I first talked with him on the phone he had developed quite the accent! It was so much fun to see him and talk to him after so long! He went running with me in the freezing weather (literally), hung out around the house, and made dinner twice!! It was delicious! It was funny because afterward he just started doing the dishes by hand. He had forgotten that dishwashers even existed! He washed his dishes, clothes, and showered by hand for two years. That is quite the experience! He is a great example to me of loving others. He is a great follower of Christ.I was so excited that Tenille skipped her math class and came to Texas! She is my favorite little sister and perhaps one of my greatest friends. It was wonderful to get to talk to her in person and catch up on the little things! She also was constantly helping around the house and with the kids. Thank you Tenille! I love you!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Where did you get his blessing outfit?? That is adorable!

And I'm jealous of your swing set.