Tuesday, November 3, 2009

October fun!

This past week was awesome! My older brother Dan and my dad both came out for a visit and it was so much fun! Unfortunately, we're still waiting to get pictures emailed to us since we didn't take many with our own camera (same problem with Halloween!) Aside from that, here is an update on our lives: First, babies... One of my favorite people on the planet, Lyndsay Riggs, had her baby shower (she is due any day!) and another one of my favorite people, Aimee helped to put it on! Their husbands are in Christian's class and it has been so much fun getting to know them this past year! I love them to death and can't wait for Lyndsay to have her little surprise!! Next, the garden....Here we are showing off our dried ears of corn. Christian didn't think it was quite as cool as I did, but he was a good sport anyway! All of our kernels. We only got three ears, so I thought it was pretty good! Ta Da!! As my brother likes to say, "This is home grown goodness!" Hey everyone! I climbed up here all by myself! Pretty much I can get onto anything now! Get ready, 'cause I'm going to scare you silly! Roar! I love his face when he's trying to surprise you! Whoa, this workout's harder than it looks! Tyson has started to want to work out with me when I do my 90's work out videos! It is so funny to see him try and lift the weights! I love it! Tyson loves to read books by himself and sometimes with me. Often I'll be reading to him and he'll crawl out of my lap and find his own book to read by himself. It's a little sad, but cute at the same time! This airplane is definitely his favorite toy and I think it may be keeping him from learning how to walk as he can pretty much get anywhere he wants to via the airplane!! Finally, it is the season, so here it is: Father and son, happily watching football together :) I thought this was so funny since Tyson usually tries to pound on the computer keys. This time, however, it must have been an interesting game! So there you have it, an update! Hopefully it won't be too long until we get pictures of our family and Halloween up on the blog! We really did have a great time with Dad and Dan! Thanks for coming to visit!

7 comments:

Adespain said...

Thanks for the update! He is looking so much like a toddler! And way to go working out! You look fabulous! You rock!

The Elledges said...

I loved the exercising pictures! Dallin likes to sit directly on top of me while I do crunches :)

can't wait to see Tyson's Halloween costume!

Julie said...

Tyson's so cute! It was fun chatting with you today. Alessa likes working out with me (in a way). When I'm doing crunches, she sits on my abs--feeling the burn. Or when I'm doing pushups, she likes sitting on my back--yeah, really feeling the burn now.

Tim and Jennifer said...

I need to come borrow those weights! I'm sad I was gone for Lyndsay's shower. Your corn is impressive!

cambersue said...

your little tyson is so cute! i bet you had fun dressing him up for halloween :)!

Brett and Shendi said...

shannon you are always more exuberant then christian. but i don't think he would have it any other way ;) your a doll

Harry and Suzanne said...

Sweet, sweet family and great pictures. Love you all!