Monday, November 16, 2009

Dad and Dan!

As you all know, my awesome dad and brother came to visit us a few weeks ago. Here are some pictures of the fun we had! We went to the capitol building (which is HUGE!!) It was definitely the biggest building Tyson's ever been in and perhaps the biggest I've ever been in. The best part was the Davey Crockett and General Houston statues inside. Don't worry though, Texas sent duplicates of both to the White house which are probably stashed in some back closet, so you don't actually have to come to Texas to see the cool statues (but you should come to Texas so you can see us!!) In Austin 1.5 million bats come out every night six months out of the year. We were fortunate enough to get to see them and it was cool! My brother is braver than he might credit himself. As soon as he has a kid of his own he will wonder what he was thinking in this picture!Yes, that is a bare bottom! Here's our cute boy! Here's a psychedelic guitar which was randomly on the street in Austin. There were a ton of them! Austin's motto is "Keep Austin weird." It really was a little iffy, but I think that was mostly the part of town we visited :) Here's me and my favorite older brother! He really is one of my favorite people in the entire world and I am so grateful he came to visit! Thanks for coming and staying with us! Inside the capitol building! Tyson and his Grandpa got to spend some quality time together! Thank you so much for the fun times and everything Dad! It was great to see you!

2 comments:

Adespain said...

What fun times! Tyson looks like such a toddler!

Julie said...

Yeah! I'm glad you got to come and see our town! Don't worry Crockett and Houston do have nice places in the US Capitol. ;) I look forward to seeing you this upcoming week!