Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Thanks everyone for a wonderful day!!


This weekend was awesome! Saturday, Christian brought me home flowers and we went out to eat. Then we came home and watched BYU stomp Oklahoma in the Cowboy's stadium (we should have been there!) Way to go BYU!!

Sunday was wonderful, too. We went to church and so many people remembered my birthday...some people I had no idea even knew! I got a card and an awesome handmade pot holder from the Bingham kids--who knew a seven year old could make something like that?

We woke up to some chalky coolness outside our door and in our driveway!

After dinner we had some friends over for cake (home made by Lyndsay Riggs--how awesome is that?)
We also got delectable fried ice cream by Bill Shipley-yummo!

The Hills brought over cinnamon rolls and regular rolls (I know Kim knows I'm trying to lose weight but she plays every time to my weaknesses!)

The Luffs brought over the absolute best brownies I have ever had (and yes I did eat most of them!)

Our family trying to to pose for a birthday photo!

Christian did a tremendous job on presents, which is crazy since I'm still not sure if he's spent his own birthday money from this year yet! He made me a CD with all of my favorite songs, picked me out some awesome new running shoes, won me a T-shirt that Nichole pretty much re-sewed to fit me perfectly, and we got jelly bellys from Aunt Laurs! Our Grandparents sent us beautiful cards and everyone called. Overall it was a perfect day! Thanks everyone!

Here's a picture of our cute boy who is the best gift of all!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Sounds so fun Shannon. Glad you had a good day. Tyson's "walk" is adorable. I can't believe how fast he is growing. Love you!

Julie said...

Glad to hear you had such a great birthday!

Nicole said...

Sad we missed it. I didn't even know it was your birthday. Sorry.