Monday, August 17, 2009

The Tractor Cake!

My awesome sister, Laura, wanted to see what the actual birthday cake and party looked like, so here is an overview! We had Steve Garlick over for pizza and ate tractor cake! We could really only have one person over since Christian sat on our fourth chair and smashed it to the ground! Man, I hope we don't have to get all new furniture just to keep up with these work outs :) ~ You're lookin' good, Babe! ~ Later we opened cards and gifts from grandparents and great-grandparents. Thank you to everyone who remembered his special day! A tip for all of you out there whose kids have not yet turned one...make a super-soft cake so they can really dig their fingers into it! I think it would have made a difference for Tyson as he mostly just poked at the green frosting. Oh well! Our cute boy is one!Here is the tractor cake that sort of actually looked like an alligator on wheels...oh well! On a side-note...my incredible sister-in-law, Katie is an amazing seamstress! She sewed me this purse for when I don't have to carry that massive diaper bag around and I have never felt more stylish in my life! Thank you so much! Isn't she amazing?

3 comments:

Aimee said...

What a cute cake. Did you guys make that? Christian, seeing that chair break was one of those memorable moments that we'll look back on at the end of dental school with a smile. You handled it so well. Happy birthday Tyson!

Crist Family said...

Shannon-
I love your tractor cake...yes it is a little alligatorish but very cute and Tyson looks like he absolutely loved it. Eli was saying "happy to you cake" when he saw the picture so you did a great job with it!

Thanks for the fun pictures. Katie's purse for you is super cute and totally looks like something you would wear! How fun.

Love you,
Laura

Kathryn said...

I love the cake so much. You are so creative and your little Tyson is getting so big and very handsome. I hope you guys are doing well. I miss you!