Thursday, September 1, 2011

Utah trip!

While I was in town for my Grandpa's 90th Birthday, I was blessed to be able to see my eintire family! My dad was so kind to pick me and my sister (Alisha) up from the airport and let us stay at his house that night! Thank you Dad! My awesome brother Ben and his new wife, Laura met us up there and stayed the night, too! It was so fun!

We went out to lunch, had ice cream, walked around this incredible street art fair, hung out with Laura (my older sister) and her two adorable kids, went out to pizza at Fat Guys (yummy!) and then stayed up until midnight playing uno :) It was fun!

The next day Ben and his wife drove Alisha and I all over Utah to visit old friends. They are amazing! What's more is after the reunion they let me sleep on their couch! It was fun to get to spend time with Alisha (since she's all the way in Australia so we don't get to talk much) and get to know Laura (my sister in law) a lot better (I hardly knew her at all before--she's great!) Also, Ben is pretty much one of my favorite people on the planet! I always feel happier talking to him--So THANK YOU so much to all of you! You made the trip wonderful!

Other fun things we did:
Eat Cafe Rio--YUMMY!
Practice for and sing for the family talent show
Eat waffles--thanks Ben!
Go to church with Tenille and my mom and step-dad
Eat lunch with my dad, Jake, Tenille, and Ben and Laura
Thank you Tenille for driving me to the airport!

One last crazy note--my brother, Dan, is an accoustics major. He is getting his PhD at the University of Texas in Austin. Anyway, we were having trouble finding a microphone and he asked if instead we could use these 'horns' from the lab. I figured they were just amplifiers that would work similarly to microphones so I told him to go ahead and bring them! Boy was I wrong!! They ended up being these enormous black boxes that covered your entire face when you talked into them. He is hilarious! That's what I get for being related to nerds :) I love my family!

3 comments:

Eisha said...

lol--i want a picture of the horns!

cambersue said...

How fun to be able to get everyone there all at the same time!

Brett and Shendi said...

SHANNON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I totally thought i lost your blog i was so so very sad. but then i found it. missed you guys when you came to utah next time you do look us up. love you guys. and your little family. getting so big. congrats on the new little man to.