Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Welcome Austin!!!




At the hospital at 6:00 am--we were the last couple to show up for an induction and the first to get a room. I think we successfully made it on everyone's hit list. We kind of felt bad since two of the couples had been sent home the day before. I guess there are perks to giving yourself shots every day!
The BELLY!!
Right when I was fully dialated we called the nurse only to find out her other patient was delivering...so we didn't have a nurse! When the replacement finally came I had been trying to hold in the baby for nearly twenty minutes! She came in and when she finally checked me said, "Yep, I can see the head!" Then she sent an email asking the doctor to come without putting his address on the email-so she had sent it to no one! Thanks to this guy standing right by the computer as he held my hand through each of the contractions, she was called back into the room to try and send it again. The nurse thought it was funny--I did not. Christian is the best husband and father in the world. I am so so glad he was there to pull me through!
He's here!! When Tyson was born, I had never seen a brand new baby before, so I was shocked at the slimy/blue/grey appearance. With Austin, it was a whole new story. He was beautiful the moment I saw him!
Everything else about the labor, delivery, and recovery was fantastic. Thanks to my mom for coming out and to Misty who watched Tyson so Christian could be with me in the hospital! We were so blessed!!


We love you so much Austin Samuel! Thanks for making our lives so much more wonderful than we ever knew it could be!!

4 comments:

Charly said...

Congratulations!!! He is adorable and you look fantastic!!! What a great Christmas gift indeed!

Tiana Smith said...

Congrats :) I can't believe you now have two kids!

Lindsay said...

Austin is adorable, and you look great, Shannon! Congratulations!

Harry and Suzanne said...

Austin Samuel is the most beautiful little baby boy!
We love to look at him as well as Tyson and their lovely parents. What two miracles you have in Tyson and Austin. Many blessings to you all, and we love you!!