Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Camping and other fun!



Tyson went on his first camp out this last weekend! Our friends, the Patricks invited us to camp out on their property up near New Braunfels and it was so much fun! Our car was maybe twenty feet away--easy access and no need for a bear bag! Christian put up and took down the tent alone while I tried to convince Tyson that the grass which was taller than he was was not 'scary.' There were lightning bugs and a campfire, good food, and friends! We even had an air mattress so it was delightful! (I thought it was delightful--I guess it still woke up Christian each time I got up to use the restroom but that's ok!) The next morning we went kayaking down the river and Christian jumped off this HUGE tree swing--he was at least twenty feet in the air and he would do back flips off of the rope after swinging down...it was so cool! The first time he jumped, Tyson's eyes were huge!! He was almost as impressed as I was with his daddy! Christian has been so amazing to do everything this year. I am so lucky to have a husband that is so much fun and does so much to help me out with Tyson. He is the best daddy ever!


Last night we went to paint pumpkins and have soup with some friends and it was so much fun! The food was AMAZING and there was even a pinata with candy in it! Christian helped Tyson with the bat and when the candy fell out he was the first to tell him which candy was the best. Tyson would've been happy with one piece of candy but Christian helped him get more...I suppose that's why he gets to eat so much of it, too :) Anyway, we feel so lucky to have so many good friends and so many fun things going on! Hopefully things will only get better once we have two little guys to tote around!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Kudos to Tyson AND Shannon--at 7 1/2 months pregnant--for camping out! I'm glad Tyson has such a great mentor in his dad!

cambersue said...

How fun! I bet little tyson loved playing with sticks in the dirt:) that's always my boys favorite part!

Harry and Suzanne said...

Looks as if you all had a great time with all of your friends. There is nothing like true friendships to share all aspects of our lives. Tyson is growing up so fast, and pretty soon he will have a little baby brother. Bet he can hardly--hey, we can hardly wait! Love you all!

Michael and Kyndra said...

Looks like you had fun! Michael kept trying to get us to go camping in September, but I wasn't brave enough to want to go with Lizzy. I'm glad Tyson did well!

Heidi said...

Don't you hate it when girls are almost 8 months pregnant and they're still stick skinny.....oh wait. =0) Well since we're an eternal family and I can't very well hate you for your freakishly petite pregnant body, I'll just tell you how dang cute you look, and I'm so excited for you guys, one more month!! Well, maybe 90% happy for you and 10% jealous of the cute skinny-ness.