Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Corpus Christi and the Fourth of July!!

I absolutely love summer vacation and the best part is we still have almost two weeks left! Here is a sampler of our past few weeks together. Today we spent the afternoon at our friends' pool. We swam, talked, ate delicious brisket and pie and just enjoyed being outside! It was fabulous and I wish we could take the time to do that every day! Thanks guys!

Corpus Christi: So this last weekend we decided to take a trip down to the coast with our friends the Dentons. It was so much fun! Apparently we are only two and a half hours away from the beach AND it's a nice beach! Life is too good to us sometimes!! We first stopped at the USS Lexington which is a huge aircraft carrier which has been turned into a museum. It was amazing! We couldn't resist calling my Grandpa Felsch who actually taught people to fly down in Corpus Christi during World War II. It was amazing to see where my Grandpa had actually been.Here is a pirate plane. If you cannot tell--we are trying unsuccessfully to look like pirates!
Don't we look like we could be fighter pilots?Check out the cool cloud in the background! It was an absolutely gorgeous day!Christian started working out again since school has been out and it has really been paying off. Now he is as thick as a helicopter! Way to go Babe!!
Here's Christian taking out our friend Jay with the guns on board. I guess we might not make the best of allies! The water around the Lexington was full of jelly fish! I was glad we avoided falling off the ship!
Don't I have a handsome husband?
Here's our family in a fighter plane!
Tyson's nap schedule turned into anytime he could sneak in some shut-eye. Here he is out cold in the car!Here we are at the Beach!! I don't think I can think of any other place with so many good memories! I think it's the sound of the waves and the warmth of the sand that just does something to me. I love it! It was especially cool because all around us the fish were jumping and there was a sweet little tidal area where Tyson could sit and look at the minnows and clams. It was perfect!
The next day was the fourth of July! Happy Independance Day everyone! We woke up and had our first annual traditional breakfast of patriotic-chocalote-chip pancakes.
Anyone want to guess what this one is? I think it is obvious when you notice the beak and tail-feathers. I was quite proud of it!
Tyson sure loved the melty chocolate! That evening we barbecued with our friends the Luffs and talked politics all night long and it was wonderful! I am so grateful for the land in which we live and for all of the people who gave their lives so we could enjoy the freedoms we do. We love you, America!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm glad you guys went to the beach. It really is the best place to seek refuge in this heat.

Heidi said...

I love the USA pancakes! So awesome!!

Julie said...

I can't wait to take Clint to the beach--I prefer the gulf to the Pacific, even with the jellyfish. Looks like ya'll had an awesome time!

Harry and Suzanne said...

Our little great-grandbaby boy, Tyson, is way too cute. We really enjoy your blog. Wish we were there to experience all the "fun" with you, especially the beach.
Love you lots, Gr'pa & Gr'ma Tengelsen

The Elledges said...

That looks like so much fun!!! The "beach" here on Lake Erie is really growing on me too. Maybe we should set up a joint practice in Hawaii :)